Artist statement _ Tyler Creighton

For this quarter we had to create a couple of projects. The first project that we did was still life drawn picture of a student model. This drawing took four classes , four hours to complete this drawing.We  also had to make a drawing of a clear glass object. It took the class about 3 hours to complete this drawing.Both the  drawling's had to look as real as possible. The  still life drawing  had the most detail out of the two drawings, the drawing started off with lines that was going to be body parts. Something I lacked in was putting all my effort into each drawings. In the still life drawing  i put a lot of  effort into drawling her upper body than the bottom. But for my glass drawing I believe I did very well but I do need to work more on the inside shading and the light hitting the glass in certain spots but overall I think I did very well.

In my glass drawling we had to make the glass look like it was sitting on the paper, as it the glass was in the paper, basically 3-D. We used charcoal for this project as our drawing utensil. Using it made it easier for shading and fading. When i started my drawling I realized it was more to a drawing then a shadow and a outline. This drawing helped me to realize being a artist is not easy it takes a lot of work and patience . This made me stronger in some sections. I started off by shading a the shape of my glass. Then i lightened the area where the light hit the glass. After that I darkened the outline of my object so I could shade it in. In the video we watched the artist next step was erasing and shading where the light sits in the object. Once i did that for the first hour I took the next two hours making this drawing look more 3-D. This drawing consisted of me shading the object, darkening the out line ,showing how the light hits each side of the glass and adds a shadow , these are all the qualities and high lights of my drawing to make this object look like real glass.    

Still life drawling

For this assignment we had to draw a human model for four hours. Before beginning this drawling I had to visualize the size of the model and the size of the paper, and figure out how i would portion the drawling. I visualized my model dejah and put her on my paper.Most of my focus was on her upper part of her body and shading where the light hit her. My weakness of this project was being able to draw her legs, but overall i felt I  did a weak good job.

2011-11-03 14.13.32
2011-11-03 14.13.32