Artist Statement by Roberto A., Jalisa S.

This sculpture relates exactly to Jalisa Smith and Roberto Abazoski in many way. It's a vinyl doubling as an alien space ship hovering over the radio shooting its beams down to try and take it.

This unordinary experience is exactly what you'll experience when meeting Roberto Abazoski and Jalisa Smith. They're not aliens, but not normal either. They share an interest in music, old and new. Hence the vinyl and the boom box signifying the differences in music based on time. They "pick-up" on not only music, but everything else about them. The way they dress, their personality, favorite colors, etc. Roberto likes red, and Jalisa likes green. 

The list of meanings this sculpture has is infinite because the collaboration of ideas from both Jalisa and Roberto designed and built a new, original, and unordinary piece of art. 

Most people will not see what is on the sculpture, but this sculpture also means success, and understanding to them because this idea of lights on a circuit was new to them too, and when they got their circuit to work, it brought a sense of success that they finally understand circuits. Although, this can also relate to many people and things because this sculpture represents changing times, too.