Artist Statement Q2 - Breeanna Noi

​During the second quarter, I did some of the work that was written for the quarter. But, most of my drawings are personal work I've done to improve my art skills. 

Photos 1-3: I edited pictures of my family and I. The first and second pictures are just images I've edited by just pressing a few buttons here and there to come up with an "interesting" photo. My third picture was a picture I edited using a tutorial founded online. It kind of has a 3-D ish effect and I thought it was interesting for a first time editor. Next quarter, I hope to improve my editing skills. 

Clear glass object: I drew a picture of the triangular beaker using charcoal. My biggest problem with drawing with coal was that I usually sketch with pencil and to try to draw with charcoal was a challenge. I used to press hard on my artwork and using charcoal has trained me - which is a good thing. 

Mickey Mouse: I drew Mickey because I was working on drawing people, but everytime I tried, I could never get the face right. So what better way to start improving that drawing cartoon characters? Based on my drawing, I'm proud of the way I drew the face. However, Mickey isn't realistic enough to relate to an actual face.  

Hand: The reason I drew the hand is because I've been working on drawing people. I can never draw an entire person successfully yet, but I work on each body part and improve in order to fit all of the pieces together. 

Next quarter, my goal is to draw an entire person including their face. I'm going to attempt to draw each body part and attempt to draw men since I've only been working on drawing women. 

tumblr_ly6khqVXpe1qan8ba
tumblr_ly6khqVXpe1qan8ba