Autistic people are different but not less

Hi, My name is Amira Gouri. And my topic is about ASD. In other words autistic spectrum disorder. According to the interview, and my last post. Symptoms of autism can be noticed on children on early age, generally between two and three years old. It’s when the child has trouble of communicating with others and/or difficulty of learning. The disorder has many symptoms. Scientists till now, still don’t know the causes of autism.

For my impact of change, I am planning to raise awareness and donate to schools that have autistic support classes. This way more people will learn about autism and actually try to help people with the disorder. Autistic support classes should have few students, so the teacher can her/his assistants can control, teach and take care of the students. Because their aren’t that many schools that have autistic support classes and the percentage of autistic children is increasing, so those classes may have a lot of students which can affect their learning negatively. So spreading awareness and seek help from the government and people as well can be beneficial and make a difference.  

I learned that the improvement of progress is based on many different factors together. For example, school helps with his education, spending more time with him helps with social skills, therapist helps with his communication, the supplements and gluten free diet help with his health. Which can be really effective to some, and can be less effective to others. I also learned that most autistic people are good at memorizing, and playing sports. I still wonder about the exact cause of autism, and will researches find a medicine that will cure autism, or at least decrease autism from spreading.
This is an image of some of the supplements that can be used by autistic children and the description of them and how they are helpful.
This is an image of gluten free bread.

After interviewing a mother of an autistic child. She shared some of her experience, struggle in her journey with her autistic son. I was able to know a lot of information from her. That started 13 years ago and still didn’t end yet. When her son was 2 she started noticing that he had some interaction issues, wasn’t able to control his emotions, poor eye contact, and when she talks to him he never answers. Just like the symptoms I researched. After she noticed all that she shared her concerns with her son's pediatrician who recommended her a psychologist. After testing and observing him while he is playing and acting they discover that he has autism. Now her son is 16, and he in a high school and that he improved but his improvement is limited, he still isn’t independent as she wishes him to be, he still has social skill issues. Since then she tries her best so that her son will be better such as supplements, gluten free diet, speech, play, and occupation therapy, school, after-school activities and spending more time with him. Like most parents she is fully concerned about his safety and getting a job.

This is an image of a paper of the free after school programs that have been offered by the Penn University to help people with autism.
Annotated Bibliography

Teyonna Little (Student 2020)
Teyonna Little

Your post and topic are really detailed and touching. I love your agent of change idea. I like that you included some things a person with autism can do to help them become more improved. Great job.

Nasya Ie (Student 2020)
Nasya Ie

I love your post! It is so detailed, you explain everything. I agree with your agent of change, that we need to raise awareness of autistic support classes. Your wrote about how people with autism what they need, how they acted and I never knew about those things. Keep up the good work!!!!!!! (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧