Autistic people are different but not less

Hi, my name is Amira Gouri. And my topic is about ASD also known as autism. Which is a developmental disorder that can be noticed on children at early age, generally between two and three years old. It’s when the child start showing poor social skills, trouble of communicating with others, speech delay and/or difficulty of learning. Till now, scientists don’t know the exact causes of autism which makes it hard to invent a medicine that will help cure autistic people.
According to my last post, I interviewed a mother with an autistic son, she shared really important information about her experience with her son, and the adventure she had from the diagnosis of her child when he was 2 years old until today. Her journey is an inspiration and a hope for all mothers with autistic children. In the beginning, I decided to do a presentation but then I changed my mind and wanted to do a poster instead because I want the whole school to know about my issue not just my advisory. And making a poster would fit that criteria. After doing my research I discovered that the percentage of autism is dramatically increasing, but many people still don’t know much information about it, I want to spread awareness by making  a poster that presents information about autism that most people should know such as the definition of autism, facts, causes, symptoms, and the best treatment. I feel confident and proud about this project because I was able to share a lot of information about my passion issue with many people. I chose to do a poster as an effective way of raising awareness about autism among people because it is a permanent method that can last for a long time so many people can see and read it. I also chose to hang the poster in the hallway because that's the place where a lot of students and teachers have the ability to learn from it. I feel like I should have done more posters, so I can hang them everywhere at school, or make brochures with information about autism and give them to people in and outside the school. I learned many facts about autism that I never knew before, for example I never knew that there is a strong debate about whether vaccines are the cause of autism or not. I also learned that some treatments can be beneficial for some autistic people but not for others. In my opinion, autism is a serious issue that affects innocent children and their families as well, so me and others in the community should spread awareness everywhere, accept these people in our society, ask for their basic rights in autistic support schools and colleges where they can learn, have degrees and have jobs in the future, we should also donate to many non-profit organizations that offer them free activities such as sports, art and music, and most importantly, support their families and offer them help, love and hope.

A picture of the poster I made
A picture of the poster I made