Benchmark and Reflection

Benchmark!: ​
Here it is.

Reflection:
What did you find most challenging about this project?

I found the most challenging aspect of this project to be first sitting down and simply starting than determining the validity of certain choices. I remember distinctly choosing a few that I felt were somewhat like "cheating" when in fact it simply highlighted the global nature of globalization.

How did you go about collecting the images or selecting the images?
I spent one morning wandering about with camera attempting to capture globalization. I imagine I looked a great deal like crazed tourist unfamiliar with the popular landmarks. After a short break, I decided the other somewhat more logical choice of thinking of the sites I wished to photograph before leaving the comfort of home.

Which image is your favorite? Why? Elaborate.
My favorite image was the safety image. It was a lovely morning when I took the picture and now each time I look upon it, I think only of the pleasantness of that morning. I am sorry, as this is probably not the answer you were looking for but it is the only one I have. Well, I should amend- the only one I will happily give for it is the only that is true.

How prevalent is the evidence of globalization in Philadelphia? Do you think it is more or less so (evident) than in other large cities in the US? Why Why not?
I think that globalization is quite prevalent in Philadelphia. I think that all large cities in the United States have similarly levels. This project showed how deeply ingrained globalization has become in our cullture and I think if we were to do this project in any other large cities we would find similar results. Granted, the overall amount may be the same but there may be some differences on the more specific levels. (Other cities may not have as high a Hispanic population or an Italian market, etc.)