Benchmark Reflection

1. This project relates to the real world because some jobs have to measure buildings. In order to get the height of an unknown object you have to use different methods. They might not be the same methods used in this project but there are methods. Especially architects, they have to figure out the measurements of the building they want to re-do, knock down, and/or build on to. Also when building a new building measurements/ the ability to be able to measure things correctly is needed. 

2. Going outside and measuring the buildings and calculating the math was the most exciting part of the project. It was the most exciting because we got to actually use the methods to our advantage in the real world. This unit connected with the real world. Most of the things done in geometry I can’t connect to the real world. The least exciting portion of the project was drawling. It was least exciting because I am not good at drawling and I didn’t want to mess up the blueprint. It was also the least exciting because there was a lot of detail to draw and some of the information wasn’t required until we had to draw the blueprint. 

3. I learned how to use the mirror method better and google earth. Also I learned how to do portions better and get the correct answer. This project helped me to realize how much geometry is used in the world. Geometry is needed for architecture, especially when blueprints are needed. Also contractors need to know how to do proportions off the top of their head instead of needing a piece of paper to write it down. Lastly, I learned how to use similar units to figure out how tall a building is.