Blade Runner Soundtrack - Koba Jaiser

SOUNDTRACK // Redo (or make in the first place) the soundtrack for the film. Choose at least five songs that you would include. Write an explanation for each song: why would you include it, and how does the song connect to events in the film? (750 words)

Blade Runner

Something In The Way (Nirvana) - I would include this song in the soundtrack because it has a very noir feeling to it and fits the theme of Deckard fighting the replicants because they are in the way of him enjoying his life. Which also resonates with the time when his boss wanted him back but he was tired about that type of stuff and wanted to be left alone. However he didn’t really have a choice in the end. I really think this song fits a lot of the themes in Blade Runner. Personally I think it’s because a lot of the parts in this movie really are in the way of his goals and way of life.

Armed and Dangerous (Juice WORLD) - This song really belongs in the movies when the action starts turning up because all sorts of weapons are used in Blade Runner and you could really connect it to the theme of him fighting the replicants towards the end or even maybe the beginning depending on where it was placed. I think it belongs in the soundtrack because it resembles the actions of the replicants in a really unique way; they are all armed and dangerous.

In the End (Linkin Park) Ok for starters this might be one of the most inspiring songs of all time and I think for an ending song especially for Blade Runner this one fits perfectly because everything he did in the end people will just pass it by only he will really remember how important that was. Overall his story will be forgotten. This is a perfect song for the soundtrack because of how you can use it for the ending and some other sections dealing with an end of sorts’ it also kinda fits that sci-fi element a tiny bit.

Psycho (Post Malone - feat. Ty Dolla $ign) This song especially fits for Roy because the guy is a psycho living his last few weeks on Earth even though this song is kinda more upbeat there’s a certain message that personally I think fits in this movie’s soundtrack if it’s only a tiny bit however the message could be really powerful. There’s a certain feeling I get from this song. It’s one of depression and happiness, kind of a mix of the two and it works. If this was used for a tiny section with Roy at the perfect moment I feel like this would be something truly special.

Superhero (Simon Curtis) There’s alot to this song for one it is probably one of my favorite and most unheard of songs in the industry and period. It feels like something that would perfectly fit in any action scene involving good or bad. I believe it would fit perfectly with Deckard’s struggle to fight the replicants, maybe not for multiple scenes but just one or two would work perfectly if done right. Mainly because well this isn’t really an action movie but more of a psychological sci fi action drama film which however that is a mouthful it gets the point across. I really love how this song fits into the theme of action in basically every genre involving some sort of hero; it’s just something so unique.

It Wasn’t Me (Shaggy) This would be insanely funny if It wasn’t me played in the background of that strip club scene I personally feel like that fits perfectly and would be hilarious which I think to an extent Ridley Scott was going for a somewhat comedic scene because I could tell he was trying to make us laugh with the character in that scene until it switched to a action scene. I know it sounds weird me suggesting this song for a noir sci fi film but ever since I watched Blade Runner back in 2017 I could never get over the fact of how hilarious it would have been to have that song in the background not necessarily in the scene where that girl gets undressed but just the strip club when he enters it. To this day I still believe it would be insanely funny.