Blog #3

My partner's name was Kike Santiago from Mexico. We spoke in Spanish over video chat and he also spoke English very well, so if I had a question I would send it to him over a text chat. We did drills of conjugation because I was having problems with saying things in the future tense when I would mean the past tense. I was happy because Kike knew a lot of English and if he could see me struggling he would help but not give me the answer.

What did you learn about your partner? 

I learned that Kike lives in Mexico and completed his studies as a naval engineer. He lives with his mother and grandmother in a house and takes care of the both of them. He also works at a shipyard and because of his studies he has more flexibility with his job than everyone else.

What did you learn from them?

I learned that a lot of the music that I listen to in America they listen to as well. The thing is that I think the music takes a little while longer to get to them. I also learned how to conjugate irregular verbs in the future, present and past.

What did you learn about yourself?

I learned that when I begin to screw up a bit, I mess up things that I already know because I get nervous.

What were you surprised about?

I was surprised that we had such a long conversation but I was also glad that we got the opportunity to talk and that he agreed to help me out.

What are you proud of?

I'm proud that I was able to hold a conversation in Spanish for 30 minutes. I struggled a little bit I was surprised and happy with myself.

KikeFloresSantiago
KikeFloresSantiago