Blog Post 5

Sending out emails to me is not effective. I would have to send out hundreds of emails to people who would not have the time to personally message me back in time to finish this project or not knowing if the person that replies to it is actually the person written to. Instead I would like to create a 30 second PSA or commercial with people from all ages and race groups that have been convicted served their time but cannot vote to say "I made a mistake but Ive changed" with a quick profile of the person running by on the screen with their age, race, what they did and how long ago. 

After making this video I would then:

• Publish on a public blogging site.
  • Share the link with a News Station.
  • Publish on SLA's blogging site.
  • Send the link to the Washington Post
  • Send the link to the congressman who introduced the law.

Reflection: 

Although I hope to still do this video, it was very hard to find people that would actually be comfortable talking about that they did, especially those who are able or not able to vote today. Instead I took their stories and anonymously wrote a word document that expressed how they felt about the bill and the fact they were not allowed to vote. There were two people who I interviewed and both stories were completely different. Attached is the google doc link.