Blog Post 5

• Who you spoke with and why you chose that partner

- I spoke with multiple people but unfortunately, unable to screenshot our conversation because I kept on closing my laptop and when I opened it, it'd say error. However, the last conversation I had was with Kathlyn D. from Spain.
  • What did you learn about them? What did you learn from them?

- I learned that she was 16 years old and that her friends went to the huge protest that was organized for schooling. She couldn't go because her parents didn't allow her to. However, they all got the day off from school. 
  • How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goals?
    - I was able to keep our conversation going and I understood what she was saying. I was able to reply fast without using translator. I learned a lot of basic words and how to question a matter. 
  • What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations? What specifically to you need to improve on? (Quote specific things you said or did and what you would have done or said if you could do it again)

- I think keeping the conversation going went well. I knew how to question when she said something weird, without sounding like a newbie. I tried to sound as if I was familiar with the language by fixing my grammars etc. 
  • Screen Shot 2012-05-22 at 10.49.51 AM