Callie Monroe Marking Period Two Recipe 5

For this recipe I made cake balls. The process of making them was pretty time consuming but also fun. They turned out really good! In this recipe I had a lot of trouble melting the chocolate. I initially tried to use a double broiler but ended up ruining most of the white chocolate. I then put the rest of the white chocolate I had in the microwave, it melted really well but I only had enough to cover two cake balls. So I then used the microwave to melt the milk chocolate. I hope you enjoy this blog post. 

Recipe Provided by: http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/tips-techniques/how-to-make-cake-pops-078637

Ingredients:
- Chocolate Cake
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Chocolate/White Chocolate Chips
- Sprinkles (for decorating)

Step One: Bake Cake

Step 2: Let cool completely
Step 3: In a bowl, crumble the cake with a fork and your fingers until it is in fine crumbs

Step 4: In a separate bowl whip the cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, and milk together

Step 5: Pour the cake crumbs into the cream cheese mixture and mix it together with your fingers until the cake and mixture are completely combined

Step 6: Once combined cover with plastic wrap and put in fridge until it is firm

Step 7: Cover baking sheets with parchment paper

Step 8: Roll the cake mixture into balls and place on the covered baking sheets

Step 9: Cover the balls with plastic wrap and put in the freezer until the balls harden

Step 10: Melt chocolate (I melted mine in the microwave) and dip cake balls in, then dip in sprinkles or other decorations and place back on the baking sheet to harden

Screen shot 2011-01-12 at 2.54.53 PM

Step 11: Enjoy!