Callie Monroe Marking Period Two Recipe Three

For my third recipe I made Arroz Con Leche. This was the hardest recipe I made. I think that I may have messed up on the directions when I made it because the consistency was very liquidly, like soup, when was supposed to be thick, like pudding. I think it was like this because it didnt cool before I served it, if I had let it cool it might have thickened up more. I hope you enjoy my post!

Recipe provided by: http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/02/arroz-con-leche-rice-pudding/

Ingredients:

- 1 cup long grain rice

- 2 cinnamon sticks

- 2 strips lemon zest

- 3 whole cloves

- 4 cups water

- 1 egg

- 3 cups whole milk

- 1/4 teaspoon salt

- 1 tablespoon vanilla

-1 can condensed milk

Step 1: Soak rice, cinnamon sticks, lemon zest, cloves, and water in a sauce pan for an hour

Step 2: After one hour, heat the rice on high until it boils, then turn it to a simmer and let it cook for 10-12 more minutes.

Step 3: While the rice is cooking beat the egg in a bowl and add the milk. Mix well. 

Step 4: Add the milk and egg mixture, condensed milk, salt, and vanilla extract to the rice for 25-35 minutes or until desired consistency. 

Step 5: Enjoy!

P.S. I suggest going to the link I posted to see what the arroz con leche was supposed to look like.