Campbell Folly's Capstone

Throughout my four years in SLA, I had many defining interests that led me to be the person I am today. However, while racking my brain for answers I landed on three main topics engineering, sustainability, and the arts. These three subjects were pivotal, so I decided to bridge all three. So I went to find to seek items that aren’t seen necessarily as art and use the skills I honed and developed in engineering to give them recognition. This all came together in the form of a bench. This bench was made in response to the culture of fast furniture and the constant cycle of chairs that can’t be recycled being thrown away and bought to replace them with the use of harmful chemicals, with the finishes, adhesives, and treatments used on furniture emitting gasses even after leaving the production. So with this project, I hope I can show others that we can add to spaces without creating waste all the while using the materials all around us.

Bibliography: https://docs.google.com/document/d/11iHJLTqgkbGGfpy7YGrgXy9Ol3pTmEgC1rI8l91cRcM/edit?usp=sharing