Cire Ross: THROUGH MY LITTLE EYES

A child’s environment and community play a heavy role in a child’s development. For my senior capstone I knew I wanted to create something close to home, something that can reach out and connect with kids in Philadelphia. I came up with the idea to create a children’s book titled “Through my Little Eyes,” which is an Illustration book that shows numerous characters and plenty of murals and graffiti around Philadelphia. This gives children the chance to recognize artwork and to highlight the artist who created these famous art pieces that make our city unique. I felt like this capstone was necessary to let kids know about the community around them and tell them the good parts of Philadelphia that are often overshadowed by the bad parts. I felt the best way to educate them was through books and to keep a vague topic, being careful not to go into too much detail about race and culture but to stick to a general focus which is the community of Philadelphia. Even though my capstone is not even near finished, I am happy that I have found new ventures through creating illustrations. Thanks to Braskem I have a great start to create something great in the future. This project was a bigger task than I thought it would be and I am proud of the progress I made throughout my senior year.

IMG-9811 (1)
IMG-9811 (1)
Annotated Bibliography(Cire Ross)