Climate Change Monologue Project By: Kwame Johnson

This unit was about climate change and how it is affecting the world. I thought the whole unit was very interesting and fun. I appreciated how we were able to come up with are own ideas and was able to use them. I believe that projects were very meaningful and cool. For my first project I came up with was a meme that represented what the news want to show compared to what they need to show. My second project was 3 monologues that all had to represent global warming. This whole unit was very fun and I would like to do something like this again.

Monologue #1

Hello this is my first time writing to a legislature but hello Ms. Crystal D. Peoples-Stokes, my name is Vladimir Vladimitch. Back in Mother Russia I was the most famous butcher there, but it grew tiresome all the fame and fortune, so I moved to America to find a greater challenge. I moved to 99th Street in Brooklyn, New York City, New York. Back in Mother Russia the weather was always cold so our meats were always frozen but in america it is too hot and form what I heard it is not suppose to be that way. All of my meats are melting because of the heat. I did a little research and talked to some professors and I learned that the reason for all this heat is from this thing you americans call “Global Warming”. In Russian its called “global'noye potepleniye”.
I believe that we can stop global warming in its tracks by using simple solutions like increasing the use of bikes and electric cars. We could tax companies that produce toxic waste and we could fine companies that pollute the air. Another,reason I am writing this to you is because of all the smog I have seen in the air lately for the past 2 years. I really want to now way haven’t the city and the state hasn’t done anything. Everyday I see men, women and children coughing up a storm everyday because of all the smog in the area. I love New york as much as you do and we have to protect it and build it instead of destroying so we can preserve our lives.

Monologue #2

Dear Future Charlie,

Hello my name is Charlie Wilson. I am from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I am 16 year old and go to Fort Lauderdale High School. I am in the 11th grade. I am the top student my class of 2016. In have a of 168. Over the past 3 three years of my life I have realized that it has been getting hotter and hotter. I already knew about global warming so I decided to try to figure out how I could help slow down the epidemic and I thought it would be fun. I sat in my room a thought of solutions for about an hour. The solutions I came up with were: Boosting Energy Efficiency, Greening transportation, Revving up renewables, Phasing Out Fossil Fuel Electricity, Managing Forests and Agriculture, Exploring nuclear, Deploying new low-carbon and zero-carbon technology & Ensuring sustainable development.
I feel I should explain some of these things. When I say “Boosting Energy Efficiency” I mean using methods or products that produce the same or higher quality without using a lot energy. “Greening Transportation” means using other methods for powering machines besides gasoline. “Exploring Nuclear” means instead of using gas or other methods we could explore more into nuclear energy which could be the future of clean energy. “Revving up renewables” means using more renewable energy like using more solar, wind & geothermal. “Phasing Out Fossil Fuel Electricity” means trying to stop any more power plants and switching to better sources. After I came up with some solutions I decided to give up because it was very boring so bye.

Monologue #3

Blog post #37

Helllooooo San francisco, if you don’t know me already, my name is Rebecca Seinfeld and I am a single mother of five. I am the owner of chain restaurants called “Rebecca's Rib House”. We are located all over the San francisco. As you all know or haven’t known there is a growing drought problem in California and millions of people are being affected. So instead talking about the latest fashion update or how to breastfeed your baby I will tell you about what is causing this terrible epidemic. Global Warming is the increase of Earth's average surface temperature. Global Warming is caused by the “Greenhouse Effect”. Many of you who are reading are thinking, “ Like OMG were like totally about to die”. LOl don’t worry you will be fine. The wonderful workers at http://www.northwestern.edu/ have given us 10 ways we could save the world and ourselves one step at a time. . Some things that they talked about were simple things like Replacing one regular light bulb with a compact fluorescent light bulb will save 150 pounds of carbon dioxide a year or driving less because you'll save one pound of carbon dioxide for every mile you don't drive! Even every gallon of gasoline saved keeps 20 pounds of carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere. And, one thing that everyone tells you to do: Turning  off  your electronic devices actually works. Simply turning off your television, DVD player, stereo and computer when you're not using them will save you thousands of pounds of carbon dioxide a year. So remember San francisco if you don’t want to be burnt to a crisp just follow these steps and you’ll be fine.

Tchau!