Clueless

The movie clueless gives you a first hand look into the stereotype of the privileged young woman in the upscale neighborhood of beverly hills. “ You’re probably think is this like a Noxzema commercial or what?” are the opening words of of Clueless, Cher (ALicia silverstone) begins to tell the viewers more about her life. As the movies continues we meet her best friend Dionne(Stacey Dash), “ she’s my

best friend because we both know what it feels like to have people be jealous of us.”

images (1).jpg

Continuing on we find out more about Cher and her upscale life as we find out more about her school and her family. Her father is a litigator, which carries with her throughout her school as she argues her from C’s to A’s on her report card. Through the rest of the movie we see many different sides of Cher as she goes through the ups and downs.

This movie meets the criteria Bechdel test however, does not meet the Mako Mori test.  This movie meets the Bechdel test by having more than two women in it who talk to each other about something other than men. Clueless does not unfortunately meet the Mako Mori test because Cher, the main character falls in love with her love interest as she boost’s his character up.

If I were to make my own test it would be about diversity, The test on diversity would have the criteria of; at least 2 women of color, 2 men of color, actors of color must show a sign of education or being educated. I believe this test is needed because in many movies we don't see a lot of actors of color who are educated with lives that do not have some type of struggle story. In conclusion all movie test are  needed in order for producers to brush up on casting etc.