Collapsing Nations??? (BM and Reflection)

Benchmark:
View here.

Reflection:
For my benchmark I chose to research North Korea, East Asia, and the Philippines, Southeast Asia. When I started this project I chose my countries and then, starting with the Philippines, I went into the CIA Factbook. I started up a document where I took notes and kept links that I used for information. I then began researching the two countries, again with the Philippines first, based on the "five-point framework" from Collapse. I went through articles from trusted news sources, articles from big organizations, and sifted through everything. As I went I took down information that I thought would help my process and kept track of the links I used to find the information. After I repeated the process for North Korea, I went through each of the five points and considered all of the information on my document and I rated them based on the countries' issues and how well they were able to handle it, for example the Philippines got a low rating for climate change because climate change could devastate their environment and ability to maintain food sources but they weren't at the bottom because they're making efforts to solve this situation. When using the five-point framework I found myself having a little bit of trouble. I didn't want to rate too high or too low and I wanted to make sure I was honestly taking different parts of each topic into consideration and not just surface level knowledge, like that North Korea has a high rate of water pollution; I also considered the effects and the weight of those effects on things like survival, economy and trade. So, rating took a little bit of time. If I could change one thing about my product I would add more diagrams, not just information and pictures of things that are being done, but statistics, diagrams and charts because they get a lot of information out in a tiny bit of space which would have saved me some writing.