Copper

My element was copper. its atomic number is 29 and has a few different uses. it was first discovered on a island as small beads in prehistoric times. Now, it's used as water pipes in houses and was even used to make Lady Liberty and bullet shells, which sparked my imagery. i saw that some bullet shells were made with copper and i found that very interesting because i never knew that. i always thought it was made of another metal. so instead of using a penny or a pipe as my design, i used what i learned and made a bullets because of the copper shells bullets have. when creating my print, i had to first draw it on paper then trace it on tracing paper. i had to put it on tracing paper so that i can flip the image backwards so the words can be read when the print is finished. we then traced our image on a styrofoam plate. this was going to be the stamp. after the image was traced, we then applied paint to the plate and put the image on paper. when the plate was on peper, we had to apply pressure to the plate so that all the ink falls from the plate to the paper. when the ink made its mark, the image was finished. overall, i liked my image, but i feel like i would change some things about it. i wish i applied more pressure to the edges of my project because not all of the paint made a mark on the sides. i thik i would have also gotten rid of all the negative space so the image can pop out more. my favorite part was making the design because i learned a lot about copper and its uses. it was also very relaxing to draw. this project was fun and i like my results.
20170609_100232
20170609_100232