Declaration of Sentiments and Resolutions: Savannah Manns

Overall the Sentiment of Resolutions is an amazing document that did made many big moves for the rights of women. This document is a big part of our history due to the fact that women had almost no rights not too long ago. Although we’ve evolved there are still some people who live an old fashioned life style. Some of the declaration throughout the first few paragraphs were very harsh. It’s almost amazing how far we have come from where we started. “He has endeavored … to destroy her confidence in her own powers, to lessen her self-respect, and to make her willing to lead a dependent and abject life.” Although this was written many years ago this seems to be a tactic some men use to control women often in today’s society. The resolutions made by the women who built the stepping stones for me and many other women, gave many women a chance at a better life. The resolution saying that men and women are equal. We as women have been fighting for this for years and still are. The fact that we’ve been fighting for it for so long gives us background on what we need to do to change how we raise awareness now. The Declaration Sentiment of Resolutions is one of the biggest steps women took towards equality and has has a large impact on the way I now think about feminism and how we as women are impacted today.