Deeds (for 2/10/11)

Jimmy was in an annoyed hateful mood, and was playing a violent video game to help with his stress. He had a long day and was just generally mad at humanity. His mother would try to talk to him, and jimmy would ignore her. Jimmy went on like this for the whole day, until his phone went off. Jimmy looked at the caller ID and was surprised to see the name oh his formal youth group leader. They used to meet every Wednesday with several of Jimmies friends, they played games and discussed God. Jimmy answered the phone

“hey Lisa, how are you?” Jimmy asked

“good, what about you”

“fine” Jimmy said, not wanting to lie, but not wanting to have to explain himself .

“What are you doing tonight?”

“Nothing”

“Good can I pick you up in an hour?”

Confused Jimmy agreed, but felt a little uneasy. He had not spoken to his youth group leader for at least a few months and was surprised to hear from her. Jimmy trusted her though and got ready to go. When she arrived she beeped her horn and Jimmy was quick to leave his house. He realized that although he was confused he didn’t really care where he went. Just to get out of the house was nice. The car ride was a quite one, with few words exchanged, just the usual “hi, how are you, its good to see you”

The car stopped Lisa got out of her car and handed a bag to Jimmy, who looked into the bag and saw 5 fruit cups. “come on Jimmy, were going to feed the homeless, but watch out for the cops, technically this is illegal”

Jimmy was very confused now, but glad that they were back to a usual routine giving food to the homeless. This time however was different because they were giving food out to homeless men in a train station. Jimmy never did anything like this except in a homeless shelter. It was over in no time, and by the time Jimmy got home he had completely forgotten about his mood of hatred, and felt good about feeding the needy, he even got a few “god bless you”s and “thank you”s whiche made Jimmy realize that just because the world is so messed up, does not mean that humanity is lost. What he did that day meant a lot to him, and sure it was a small thing, but he was happy to have done it.