Deep reading of "Hamlet By: William Shakespeare"

The best playwright in history is William Shakespeare. Shakespeare stories always seem to include death, life, sadness, madness, etc. making all the emotion shine out through his books. It’s hard to understand the real meaning behind what William Shakespeare writes. Not only do the words make it hard to understand but the emotion in every scene that help make people think of why someone would act a certain way. Since Shakespeare put so much emotion and feeling into his books, his words hide the deep meanings that are actually behind them. One play that represents this is one of Shakespeare's most famous play, Hamlet. This play is know to be one of his best play, but also know to be the one with the worst/best conflicts out of all of his writings.

A scene that had a great impact in the story is when hamlet is talking to himself about a player that had come to his house. Hamlet wasn’t getting why this player was crying like when he had said, “What's Hecuba to him, or he to Hecuba, That he should weep for her?” (I.ii). Hamlet questioned the reason that the player had for cried because the player had never met the woman. Just like the woman had never met the player. He was think deeply into the fact that this man cried. He was thinking about his own self at that time to. Thinking about the unjust that had happen to his beloved father. The unjust that only he knows of and that he can’t let go of. So much pain that curses his existence.

“What would he do, Had he the motive and the cue for passion That I have?”(I.ii).The player weeped for Hecuba so then the player would definitely cry for the lost of a great king, also known as Hamlet’s father. “He would drown the stage with tears And cleave the general ear with horrid speech, Make mad the guilty and appal the free, Confound the ignorant, and amaze indeed The very faculties of eyes and ears.”(lines 587-591). Hamlet is thinking of a plan that involves the players. By doing this he plans to lure out the suspected criminal that killed his father.

He wasn't sure on whether or not to trust the ghost so he set up the play to see the reactions of claudius. He wanted to make sure that his uncle was actually guilty of killing King Hamlet. He felt that he was the worst person in the world. Hamlet blames himself for the death of his father. Since Hamlet's father is gone he feel like he can relate to the play that he asked the player to perform for him. “Yet I, A dull and muddy-mettled rascal, peak, Like John-a-dreams, unpregnant of my cause, And can say nothing; no, not for a king, Upon whose property and most dear life A damn'd defeat was made. Am I a coward? Who calls me villain? breaks my pate across? Plucks off my beard, and blows it in my face? Tweaks me by the nose? gives me the lie i' the throat, As deep as to the lungs? who does me this?”(I.ii) Hamlet has a lot of questions that he would like to get answers to that’s why he is planning this play out.

​Prezi Presentation