⚾ Deportes de Argentina ⚾ (Segundo Objetivo)

argentina-world-cup-2010
argentina-world-cup-2010
​Argentina National Football Team
Conversation Question: What does sports look like in Argentina?

Pre-Conversation:

•  What will be your topic of conversation be?

The  topic of conversation will be about the sports that are played in Argentina and how that relates to the culture of the country.

•  What are 5 questions related to your conversation goal that you can think of ahead of time to ask your partner?

1. What is the most popular sport in Argentina?

2. What kinds of sports do you play?

3. What is your favorite football team?

4. Do most children like playing sports in Argentina?

5. Who is your favorite soccer player?

•  What are you looking forward to about this conversation?

I am looking forward to learning about the sports of Argentina since I myself is a big sports fan who follows professional football and even play football on SLA's varsity football team.

•  What are you nervous about?

I am only a little nervous about having a full conversation without using a translator. However, I have learned how to deal with this from my work on my first goal.

Post-Conversation:

Reflection:

• Who did I speak with and why did I choose that person?

I spoke to Juan Vela and I spoke to this person because I wanted to know about sports in Argentina and he is a native of Argentina.

• What did you learn about them? What did you learn from them?

I learned that Juan is a very passionate soccer fan. I learned that football is the most popular sport in Argentina but other popular sports include volleyball, tennis and basketball. I also found out that Juan plays football and tennis. His favorite football team in Argentina is Boca. Juan's favorite player is Carlos Tevez. Juan also learned that I also play football for my school and my favorite football team is Man City in the English Premier League.

• How did this interaction help you move towards achieving your personal goal?

I am very passionate about soccer and I wanted to learn about soccer in foreign countries and Argentina has one of the best national soccer teams. I have learned a lot of sports vocabulary while at the same time learning about something that I enjoy doing. I also liked that my conversation with Juan included different tenses.

• What specifically did you do well according to your goals/expectations?

I was able to learn so much about different types of sports in Argentina and the role it play in the lives of an individual. I also able to utilize all the pre-conversation questions to guide the conversation in the direction that I wanted. I was also able to share information about sports in America with one. It was a two way cultural learning process.

• What specifically do you need to improve on?

I need to improve on my punctuation and to not rush the conversation. I need to stop asking so many questions in a short period of time.

Interesting Links

first
first
second
second
boca-juniors-wallpaper
boca-juniors-wallpaper
Boca Juniors, Juan's favorite football team. 
Carlos-Tevez-Manchester
Carlos-Tevez-Manchester
Carlos Tevez, Juan's favorite football player.