Divorce Flow Chart

DivorcingTJ(1)
DivorcingTJ(1)
Click here to view our "Steps to Divorce" Flow Chart.

The bureaucratic process that Amber and I detailed with a flow chart was the process of getting a divorce. In the simplest form, a divorce is the process of ending a marriage and contains many different factors that can quickly escalate the process into an expensive, time filling process. Things like personal property and custody of children almost always extend the process along with numerous disagreements between the two spouses. The paperwork that Amber and I filled out was straight forward only because we filled out the form that did not require us to inquire about children or the split up of property between the two former spouses. If there was one thing I could change about the bureaucratic process it would be the never ending loop of paperwork that would have to be filed if disagreements are made between the two spouses that would result in a stand still for quite some time. I think the systems have become so complicated because of many other laws that have passed that present obstacles for these processes. Also, these obstacles are present to prevent exploits of the system and to provide checks and balances.