Domestic Violence Relationships Where Do We Go From Here ?

Women are shown in ads and places that do not take them serious. But what happens when one is assaulted or a victim of domestic violence from there partner? Do the media talk about it, or do they talk more about the Victoria Secret Model new photo shoot. “In 2005, 1,181 women were murdered by an intimate partner.1 That's an average of three women every day. Of all the women murdered in the U.S., about one-third were killed by an intimate partner”, from an article from NOW.com (National Organization for Women). No one notices these violent acts, but do notice the other things instead of the one main focus, Women in Domestic.

In 2009, one of the biggest events was happening, The Grammy’s. Singer Rihanna and her ex-boyfriend singer Chris Brown got into an atication driving there way to the Grammy’s.  Rihanna wanted to see who Chris was texting, supposely he was texting an old girlfriend. Rihanna wanted to see the text and Chris refused. The argument eventually turned into an physical attack onto Rihanna. Chris Brown hit, punched and even hit Rihanna. Now no one is bashing on Chris Brown what had happened is done and over with. The question that is being raised is, how come that situation was broadcast the day after, and no other situation like that was. While the was going on, someone else, another female could have been getting assaulted, or beat on by her boyfriend. The media doesn’t focus on the bigger issue of not just what happened between Chris Brown and Rihanna, but what is happening to women all over the country.

Situations such as Domestic Violence are never really brought up in the media unless someone gets brutally hurt, or even to the point killed. When a woman is being abused by her partner, or who ever, they report it, but it isn’t taking serious. Almost 35% of abusers are released from prison on bail after being held for abusing a woman. This action should be looked at more closely. If the abuser is release, don’t you think that he is going to go after the woman that he abused that got him locked up? Abusers aren’t looked at as actually armed and dangerous, but more non-stable when they are the ones that are armed and dangerous.

Some other abuses can be when the person was little. They could be abuse when they were little, and the anger from that could build up and take it out on other people. This is another example of people who take their anger out on people. They hit, and even kill people. This isn’t intentionally but it is hurtful to others that are the ones getting abuse. Sometimes the person that is getting abuse is the person the abuser doesn’t wants to abuse but they picture you as the other person they want to get back at.

Fear is another way woman get abused more. If the woman do not come forward telling what is going on, than the abuse is going to continue. Many abuses are not reported every year, over A high number of domestic violence and child abuse cases go unreported in the country. Almost 450 cases each year or even more. The country is striving to find out more about these cases, but if no one is coming forward to and telling about these abuses, no one can help them and they can not be reported.

Women you must come forward, it’s not the countries fought but it is there fought for not bringing it to attention. We need to notice it more.