Dominque Miller's Quarter 4 Benchmark

Benchmark Reflection

What did you find most challenging about this project?
- The hardest part was following the topics, because it was hard to find pictures for things like security and terrorism here in Philly. Of course things like culture is easy because it is all around us, but many things aren't.
How did you go about collecting the images or selecting the images?
- I found out what topics I was going to choose, and then took pictures according to that. So basically I thought of the connections first before I took the picture.
Which image is your favorite? Why? Elaborate.
- My favorite picture would be the one of my debate class from FACTs. I absolutely love my class and the kids that I teach, so when I was able to incorporate them into the project I was happy.
How prevalent is the evidence of globalization in Philadelphia? Do you think it is more or less so (evident) than in other large cities in the US? Why Why not?
- I think that Globalization is pretty prevalent in Philly mainly because we are a big, major city. Many different cultures are likely to flock to bigger areas, thus allowing for their customs and beliefs to merge with our own. As for smaller towns it would be a lot harder to find evidence of Globalization.
Link to PDF
Link to Sources