Dylan Cordivari M.P 1

The idea behind this piece of art is the idea of life coming from the strangest of places; this specific example being technology.  It is meant to symbolize that I’ve noticed that even though some people think that technology can bring about the demise & downfall of society, it can also bring us life in various ways. 

I collected materials that I felt could represent technology: an extension cord, dvds & cds, a mother board, a cd stand, glue, & wire.  I glued each cd & dvd, stacking them onto the cd stand.  Then I cut the extension cord, glued it to the cd stand, & wrapped it with the wire tightly to make it stand up straight. I then glued the motherboard to the top, to make the sculpture look like a flower in a pot.

The project was of importance to me, and using the recycled pieces of technology really made the project good for the environment. It also made sure I showed that life really can come out of the weirdest part of the world. This project showed me that simple things and simple people can make a difference in the world.

Screen shot 2010-11-10 at 10.47.48 AM
Screen shot 2010-11-10 at 10.47.48 AM