Eleanor Shamble Capstone

My Capstone was originally intended to be something else, but I switched it to an art portfolio I was already working on throughout the year to be shared at Free Library Of Comic Con. The majority of the art in here was done while I was unaware that it would be my Capstone, so it wouldn’t have been stuff I would choose to present normally. However, when I chose to switch, I realized that I shouldn’t be ashamed of myself, my art, or the things I enjoy. If someone finds the portfolio or anything in it cringeworthy, it’s their problem, not mine.

Learning new mediums was challenging. When I originally invested in the markers I ended up using, I had absolutely no idea how to use them, and knew hardly anything about them besides their unpleasant smell.Learning how to blend was an experience, because in my traditional art before this year, I blended hardly anything. It was also a struggle trying to translate the way I shade hair to different mediums because of how heavily it relied on cell shading.

All in all though, I like how my art progressed this year, and I’m proud of myself for overcoming the anxiety of presenting art I drew when I thought not many people I actually knew would see it.This Capstone was a lot of hours of work, but looking back, I enjoyed it too much for it to feel like it.

Bibliography: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mw3VftOVTML2ZrKV81Vi4yt3z8tShLrxlIl2NF9oq2E/edit?usp=sharing