Electoral College Reform.

For my lobbying project I will be lobbying against the electoral college. The electoral college is a compromise between election of the president by Congress and election by popular vote. The people of the United States vote for the electors who then vote for the President. I feel like we the people should be able to vote on who we want to represent us and our votes should be the actual reasons the candidate is put into The White House. If there are any opponents of allowing our votes to be the actual deciding votes of our president and representatives would be candidates who usually win or get higher votes from the electoral college. I think the people who vote would be the main supporters of my topic because they can feel like their votes are being counted and their voice is being heard for what they actually have to say.

The pending legislation dealing with The Electoral College is the:

H.J.Res.36 - Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to abolish the Electoral College and provide for the direct election of the President and Vice President by the popular vote of all citizens of the United States regardless of place of residence.

I believe this can really help my lobbying topic because with this and the graphs and explanations that let people know exactly how their votes are being used and counted if counted at all will really make people stop and think twice about whether or not they agree with the electoral college. 

voting-booth
voting-booth