Element Print

The element that was chosen for me was Chlorine which has 17 for its atomic number. In 1774 Chlorine was discovered by Carl Wilhelm Scheele. Chlorine is one of the elements that isn’t just found in free nature. Scheele combined MnO2 and HCI to get Chlorine. In today’s society Chlorine is used to help drinking water be safe for humans and for pool water as many people may know. It also has to do a lot with the production of paper, plastic, dyes, textiles, and paint. I didn’t want to be basic a draw a pool because everyone knows the chlorine is in pool water. So I used bamboo trees because chlorine is found in that. From making this print it took plenty of patience and creativity. First I to sketch what it should look like. Then I went on the the template. After that I went the styrofoam which was a little tricky because it had to be drawn backwards. Once I got to print my element it was coming out great. If I were to do this project over again I would crave in the styrofoam a little because sometimes the paint would get in the shallow parts. The final print process was the most enjoyable for me because once I got to see my final project done I was statisfied.