Element Print

My element is Antimony. Its chemical symbol is Sb and its atomic number is 51. One cool fact about antimony is that in acient egypt, it was used to make the eyeliner they called Kohl. This is why you see the design of the "Eye of Horus" in my print. I wanted to symbolize Egypt and that time period, so I chose that design because it is something associated with Egypt. 
When making this print, I sketched a few possible designs for my element. I decided on this because I thought it would give a different type of design then expected. This is something many people didn't know, so I thought it would be interesting design to choose. After choosing my design, I traced it onto a piece of thin foam, backwards, so if you had any words or letters, they would be correctly faced when you made the print. We used a brayer to apply the ink to the foam board, and then placed that onto a sheet of paper and repeated this a few times until we got 3 good prints. 
If I did this print again I would make sure everything looked straight and centered so it is more appealing to the eye. My favorite part of this project was coming up with different designs for our elements. I liked it because I was able to think creatively about something I normally think about in a creative way. 
20170608_084551-1
20170608_084551-1