ELEMENTary Block Printing (Scandium, 21)

Throughout the project, whenever I didn't understand how to do something or couldn't find an art supply, I would ask Ms. Hull for help.  Luckily, every time it was pretty easy to understand!

When we started the project, I spent an entire period researching my element, and its uses.  It was a little harder than I expected, since my element is pretty rare!

Me and Avery helped each other with our research in the first couple of classes.  We also helped each other with the carving process, and picking out which sketch to print.  

When I was matting my block print, I made sure to be careful with my measurements.  I also tried to carve and paint my linoleum as carefully as I could. 

     This project was really fun for me.  First of all, I thought it was a really cool way to incorporate science and learning into art, and I just thought it was a fun project, with the right amount of challenge.