Emily Jenson Q3 Art

This quarter my art progressed more than it has in all four years of high school. I've experimented with mediums that used to frustrate me, like painting and paper cutting. I had never done a mosaic before, and it came out so much better than i expected. I almost ripped my hair out over it. The paper cutting and the triangle cardboard art were my absolute favor. I've found solace in repetitive drawing of triangles and other shapes, a lot of people have asked how i can concentrate on it for so long, and honestly though sometimes it can be annoying its relaxing, my mind wanders and i feel calm. The coat of arms is funny to me, the pill representing my families history with mental illness, the wine for my italian side and my dad drinks that kind of wine in the jug. The tree because we love nature and the country. And lastly a book because we love to read. The wire sculpture was one of my favorite pieces. As soon as "cube" was in my head, my hands took off and i twisted and twisted and created something I never thought i could. Art is everything to me. Its the reason to get out of bed in the morning. The art I make creates certain emotions inside of me, ones i can't identify. Art is a savior, a therapist, a warm hug, and a critical shove to keep on going. I hope you enjoyed my work.