Emily Maggiano-Second Quarter Art Benchmark

Edited Pictures From Q1:[Photo's by Brett Chapman]

Screen shot 2011-01-04 at 8.40.32 PMScreen shot 2011-01-04 at 8.40.53 PMScreen shot 2011-01-04 at 8.41.10 PMScreen shot 2011-01-04 at 8.41.28 PMScreen shot 2011-01-04 at 8.41.41 PM

.:Quarter Two Benchmark:.

.:Sketches:.

Outline of deathly hallowsFinal draft of Deathly hallowsFinal Draft of Inception poem

Finished Posters:

Photo on 2011-01-07 at 14.35

Artist Statement:

For this quarters art benchmark, I decided to make posters for Harry Potter and the deathly Hallows and Inception. At first, I only did the Deathly Hallows symbol. Harry potter, I've been a fan of since the very  beginning. Out of all the books, the part about the Deathly Hallows was my favorite. The story behind it was so amazing, and I always thought the actual icon/symbol was really cool looking. After seeing the movie, I go the idea to do the art work and have the trees, and the moon and sun inside the symbol. The quote I wanted to incorporate somehow, so I though that if I made it go along the outer rim of the drawing it would look nice. The font was probably the most difficult thing for me to do, since my handwriting to begin with isn't the best. Also, I had some trouble with blending the colors together. Since I've only done that one in my 8th grade art class, it turned out better then I thought it was going to. I'm pleased with the final result of the drawing. I wish, I could of made it all even, because the triangle is lopsided in some places, but people that have seen it said they couldn't tell. The second picture was a line from the movie Inception, it's one of my favorite movies. I took the riddle from the movie that Cobb and Mal used to say together. it goes like "You're waiting for a train, a train that will take you far away. You know where you hope this train will take you, but you can't be sure...but it doesn't matter, because we'll be together. I thought that doing word art would be cooler. I added a train and all of the main charterers totems at the bottom. I also thought that if I did word art, it would help me improve my  handwriting.