Emily Martinez's Feud with Morton Salt

When the Morton Salt Company finds out that a woman named Emily Martinez is having some success in her newly opened salt mining company in Grand Saline, TX, the company writes hundreds of bad reviews on her yelp page and even makes a fake Facebook profile in order to defame her. Since Grand Saline is a small town, rumors about Emily Martinez not selling good quality salt and having poor customer service spread, and her reputation becomes ruined. This project shows how powerful the internet can be when it comes to spreading rumors. It also deals with cyberbullying since the Morton Salt Company harasses her online just to lessen the competition in the salt mining business. 
Press Release: Emily Martinez's yelp page full of negative reviews. 
Audience Response: 
On this episode of “Now That’s What I Call Business,” Matthew Jones investigates another Business Conundrum. This week, we hear from Emily Martinez, the woman whose reputation was ruined by the Morton Salt Company. We’ll hear her story, plus some musings on public shaming and the power of the internet over our lives. We’ll also ask the question: are we good people? All this and more on this week’s episode of “Now That’s What I Call Business,” brought to you by Plapor, the most poetic business tool.