Emulation Handbook - David Levithan

MindySawEmulation

Majo Bostani (Student 2019)
Majo Bostani

I was up all night, wondering what I could do, while my aunts and grandmother shopped for clothing. I am no fan of shopping for furniture, let alone in Delaware. I will be forced to go shopping, as I’m not allowed to be home alone if the family wasn’t in Philadelphia. Ugh, Don’t I just love my life? My thirteen year-old self still can’t be trusted.

Ring-ring, ring-ring.

“Who is it?”, yelled someone from downstairs.

I was relieved to find out that it was my cousin, Joey on the phone. We share a mutual hatred for furniture shopping. I gasped while answering the phone, hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.
    “Hey Majd, what are we going to do while the ladies are out shopping?” Joey asked, in a mopey tone. 

“I dunno,” I answered, glad that someone felt the same way.

“Come on, Majd. We aren’t shopping with the ladies, aren’t we?”  Joey chuckled.

“Hell no,” I stated, ready to lead a revolution. 

“We’ll just come up with something on the spot,” Joey stated.

“Okay.”

As soon as I hung up the phone, my uncle came into my room to ask about who just called me. I told him that it was my cousin on the phone, telling me that he didn’t want to go furniture shopping.

“I’ll take you guys wherever you want to go tomorrow. I hate furniture shopping as much as you guys do.”