English Profolio - Benchmark 2

This was when we had to do a Memoir of a time are life that matters to us. I chose to talk about the time I had a summer job and work for a horrible boss.

The Boss By Robert Jenkins (
Original)

Bull Crap Bull crap, these young adults don’t listen to me I’m a kid. Man let me tell you last summer I decided I was going to make me some money with my free time. So I could be independent till September then it’s in my parents pockets I go. I was going to be able to buy clothes, go to the movies whenever, and buy any videogame I wanted. So I found a job at MLK Recreation Center they tell me I get paid 7.25 an hour for 4 hours a day. So I'm like what a sweet job and its watching kids at an after care that’s cake.  All I have to do is interact with little kids. But little did I know my boss was some big grumpy lady that sole purpose was to make my summer full of anguish. She gave me the job of watching kids ages 15-16 even why knowing I’m 14. But gave her daughter and niece the job of watching kids ages 5-10 that’s totally unfair.

How was I supposed to make people older then me listen to me as their guardian? Then though they all were shorter then me and had a mind set of a little child. But still if I was in their shoes I would look at this 14 year old and say sit your little a** down who you think you talking too.  So after that moment I decided I was going to let them do whatever and I were going to sit somewhere and just sit back and relax the day away. Like their 15 why do they need after care anyway I can see you go to camp but after cares for little babies who can’t be home by there self. So when it was time the go outside they went out and started harassing the little kids and I just sat on the bench at the end of the park texting not realizing that the Boss will chew me up if anyone gets hurt on my watch. So I got up and did my job and led them back in into the building. As I did I noticed the kids starting to look at me as if they were going to do something, but they had another thing coming if they thought they could just run all over me like a Track star. So when we got in the class room I told them they were going to sit still and play like young olds with common sense.

However that attempt was what I call an epic fail because in less than a half and hour the room was uncontrollable and I didn’t know what to do. All I could think of was to ask my boss what to do. As she sat at a desk watching this mess and stuffing her fat face full of KFC chicken. Nevertheless she was no help because all she said was  “You have to make them know you’re the boss” and then she started laughing. I didn’t see what was so funny yes the kids where having fun but they could have did this in a more Conscientious manner of acting.

After two hours of uncontrolled time with the children I was switch it to finish the rest of the day at the front office. What a relief from them villainous kids and that dumb lady. This ending of my day was way better than working with kids because now I was a assistant and I didn’t have to deal with my main super visor. I was running back and forth doing all kinds of task. Such as filing, cleaning and working at the sign-in desk.

It’s almost time togo for me since their parents have picked up all the kids in my group. After they were gone I cleaned the messy room and was ready to rush put the door. But that Insolent woman stopped me and said “There is pieces missing to three board games your group was playing with them so your responsible for them being found and you can’t leave till they are.” I groped around looking for the pieces that I finally found in a child’s desk and then left work 10 minutes later then schedule. I though about quitting that day but I realized I’m not a quitter and sometimes a man's got to do what man have to do.

The Boss By Robert Jenkins

I was at MLK recreation but this was not my dream. Man, let me tell you about last summer. I decided I was going to make me some money with my free time. With employment, I could be independent until September then dependent on my parents come school again.. I was going to be able to buy clothes, go to the movies whenever, and buy any videogame I wanted (Magic 3). So I found a job at MLK Recreation Center for $7.25 an hour for 4 hours a day. So I'm like what a sweet job and its watching kids at an after care that’s a piece of cake.  All I have to do is interact with little kids. But little did I know my boss was some big grumpy lady whose sole purpose was to make my summer full of anguish(vocab). From the first time we met she was yelling at me for being late on the first day even though I explained to her I never had even been in North Philadelphia by myself and I had gotten lost. After being torn of my happiness she gave me the job of watching kids ages 15-16 even while knowing I was 14. But she gave her daughter and niece the job of watching kids ages 5-10.

How was I supposed to make people older than me listen to me as their guardian? Even though they all were shorter than me and had a mind set of a little child, the fact was they were still older than me.  If I was in their shoes I would look at this 14 year old and say sit your little a** down who you think you talking to.  So after that moment I decided I was going to let them do whatever and I were going to sit somewhere and just sit back and relax the day away. Like they’re 15 why do they need after care anyway I can see you go to camp but after cares for little babies who can’t be home by themselves. So when it was time the go outside they went out and started harassing the little kids and I just sat on the bench at the end of the park texting not realizing that the Boss will chew me up if anyone gets hurt on my watch. So I got up and did my job and led them back in into the building. As I did I noticed the kids starting to look at me as if they were going to do something, but they had another thing coming if they thought they could just run all over me like a Track star(simile). So when we got in the class room I told them they were going to sit still and play like young adults with common sense.

However that attempt was what I call an epic fail because in less than a half and hour the room was uncontrollable with kids doing whatever they wanted like playing dodge ball or nearly breaking windows with baseball. As they yelled loudly with a variety of foul words that you think you would only here from a sailor. All I could think of was to ask my boss what to do. As she sat at a desk watching this mess and stuffing her fat face full of KFC chicken,  she was no help because all she said was  “You have to make them know you’re the boss”(dialogue) and then she started laughing. I didn’t see what was so funny. Yes the kids were having fun but they could have did this in a more conscientious(vocab) manner of acting.

After two hours of uncontrolled time with the children I switched shifts to finish the rest of the day at the front office. What a relief from those villainous kids and that dumb lady. This ending of my day was way better than working with kids because now I was a assistant and I didn’t have to deal with my main supervisor. I was running back and forth doing all kinds of tasks such as filing, cleaning and working at the sign-in desk.(Magic 3)

It was almost time to go for me since the parents had picked up all the kids in my group. After they were gone I cleaned the messy room and was ready to rush out the door. But that insolent(vocab) woman stopped me and said “There is pieces missing to three board games your group was playing with them so your responsible for them being found and you can’t leave till they are.”(Dialogue) I groped(Vocab) around looking for the pieces that I finally found in a child’s desk and then left work 10 minutes later than scheduled. I thought about quitting that day but I realized I’m not a quitter and sometimes a man's got to do what man has to do.