Esther Viturino Capstone

The Cricut Customization Workshop was a series of workshops designed to teach students how to create and craft using Cricut machines. Cricut is a brand that offers various materials, including vinyl, cardstock paper, fabric, and more, which can be customized for personal items or gifts. This idea inspired me to host a workshop focused on customization to expand creativity among students.

The initial capstone idea was to reopen SLA’s school store, as it provided a convenient source of food and snacks for students during their online school schedules. However, this idea faced several challenges, including funding, funding, and cleaning the store. The main issue was getting the adults from SLA and the HSA, who funded the school store, to communicate and agree on a plan.

When the deadline approached, I saw unused Cricut machines in the art room and decided to host workshops using them. I brought up the idea to my mentor, who approved the idea immediately. When drafting the capstone proposal, I had to rethink how this was going to fit in with SLA’s core values and incorporate the business aspect of my previous capstone idea into this workshop.

My research focused on different types of materials that Cricut machines can cut, how it is used, and which material works best for specific crafts. Additionally, I gained knowledge on businesses and how to incorporate entrepreneurship into the workshop.

In conclusion, the Cricut Customization Workshop was a successful capstone idea that allowed students to express their creativity using Cricut machines and explore the potential of entrepreneurship. The workshop provided valuable insights into the use of Cricut machines in various industries and helped students develop skills in entrepreneurship.

Capstone Annotated Bibliography - Esther Viturino