Final Perspective Drawing

a. What is one thing that you learned specifically that you did not know before?

I learned many drawing techniques throughout this project, with which I had no previous experience or knowledge. Orthagonals were a completely new concept to me. I didn’t know that these lines had any relation to each other. I had seen orthagonals before, and until now, I thought I was drawing them correctly, but Ms. Hull showed us the correct way to draw them, and what these “lines” were actually called.

b. How did learning this thing make your drawings better?

Before Ms. Hull explained orthagonals to us, I depicted 3D figures by extending random lines behind the object to show that they were 3D, while now I know that all these lines in one drawing are connected by the vanishing point, and they are called orthagonals. And by using orthagonals, these lines are more purposeful.

c. If you did this assignment again, what would you do differently?

I would’ve added color to the drawing, if I had the chance to do it again. The color would have enhanced the aesthetics of the drawing and I could have used them to draw shadows and emphasize the 3D nature of the room.

d. What is your advice to someone who has never drawn a one point perspective drawing before?

Use a ruler! Of course, it’s important to know what orthagonal lines are and what a vanishing point is, but with these techniques in mind, simply using a ruler can make your drawing much much better, and more clear. You cannot make orthagonal lines if they’re not straight!

e. What resource helped you the most and why?

I used many resources for my drawing, and each one helped for a different part of my drawing. For the actual drawing of the assignment, the website Ms. Hull provided was very helpful. I don’t think I could’ve completed the assignment without it. Using the website prevented a lot of the mistakes which I would have made if I didn’t know how to draw the room correctly. I referred to the website many times throughout the process.

photo (1)
photo (1)