Final Perspective Drawing

I learned about the way the vanishing point influences a lot of the lines of the furniture. It is interesting to think that one little point influences the drawing so much. I didn't really have that good of a grasp on the whole concept and I still have a ton to learn about it, but this project helped me understand the idea of perspective a significant amount more than when I started out.

This learning helped my drawing look like a real room. It popped out more than it would have otherwise. It would have looked unintentionally wonky, like some substandard, weird, second-rate Picasso imitation. As I looked at my lines according to the vanishing point, the whole idea of perspective was able to click a bit better. My room, although still at this point a bit bare-bones, looks like an outline of a room.

I would pay more attention while making my back wall. At the very beginning, and for the rest of the project as well, I felt a tad intimidated. I sort of hurried through making my back wall and it ended up costing me later. The wall was the wrong shape and I had to fix that. Restarting ended up costing me quite a lot of time. Next time I would also see Ms. Hull more for help as she was very helpful when went to her.

My advice to someone who has never drawn in one point perspective is to take your time, especially when making the foundations of the drawing. The details are much more easy to fix. However, if you mess up something in the foundations, this can take a large toll on the rest of your drawing.

The resource that helped me the most was Ms. Hull. When I went to her we talked about the different types of line relationships, if that makes any sense. We looked at the lines that are parallel to each other and the lines that go to the vanishing point. She also did some sketches demonstrating these concepts that I was able to look at later to be reminded of what I needed to do. 

I would like to think that given another opportunity to do this, I could do better. I know that my current drawing is somewhat lacking but I am still proud of what I accomplished despite what I did being nothing to someone of a higher caliber than myself.