Final Perspective Drawing

a. What is one thing that your learned specifically that you did not know before.

One thing I learned specifically that I did not know before was the importance of the vanishing point in any perspective drawing. The vanishing point is used to create sides in 3D objects in a drawing, as a reference when drawing which parts of an object would be visible, and as a general reference for the position of everything in a space.

b. How did learning this make your project better?

Learning the importance of the vanishing point and the importance of orthogonal lines made my windows and tables look much more realistic and aesthetically pleasing. Though it took a lot of erasing, my whole project became 100 times better.

c. If you did this assignment again, what would you do differently?

If I did this assignment again, I would double check that all of my orthogonal went to the vanishing point before I darkened the lines with my pencil. I would also sit on the floor in a place where there would be less of a chance of people accidentally walking across and damaging my piece.

d. What is your advice to someone who has never drawn a one point perspective drawing before?

Draw orthogonal and draw boxes. Orthogonal are essential to making your drawing realistic. To make a 3D shape with those orthogonal, making a prism or cube like shape that can be your frame for the object. This will act as a guide when you draw the rest of the object. Also, it helps to get on your feet and walk around the space you are drawing to get comfortable with every aspect and perspective.

e. What resource helped you the most and why?

My classmates helped me the most. It helped to work out problems with someone, and to learn from the hands and words of someone I am comfortable with and that I trust.