Final Perspective Drawing

​Ava Olsen

Final Perspective Drawing

One thing I learned that I did not know before was bringing out an object. I sort of knew how to make it look somewhat 3D, but I didn’t know how to really bring it out in the correct way. I also learned how to make the back wall, which was actually one of the hardest parts in the entire project. Making the back wall was difficult because it had to be perfect, because everything was drawn around it, so if it wasn’t perfect, everything else would turn out wonky as well.

I think if I did the assignment again, I would definitely take more time to finish the actual drawing before doing all the details. I started drawing everything on the ceiling tiles before I finished drawing everything else, and it made it hard to finish at the end because I was running out of time. I would definitely need to use my time better, because it was really stressful at the end, especially because I had to color in the entire picture at the end. Coloring my drawings is usually not my style, so I just added a few bursts of color in certain areas such as the tables, stools and wall. I also added a small amount of color in certain ceiling tiles. I was actually pretty proud of the outcome.

To people that have never drawn a one point perspective drawing before, I would definitely say to do the back wall perfectly, and if it’s not, do it over. You’re going to make it a lot harder for yourself later. If it’s too big, you won’t be able to fit much in the room, and you’ll have to zoom into everything and the detail will have to be better. If it’s too small, you’ll have to draw almost everything in the room, and it might not be in proportion because you’re drawing it too far back. So, if the back wall is not perfect in your artist’s eye, do it over, and you’ll be much happier with the outcome.

I think the resource that helped me the most was Ms. Hull. I think she really knew what she was doing, and that’s why she helped so much. In the beginning, I was really nervous about finishing on time, or not doing it right, but she helped me through those tougher times, and it made me learn even more. The online resources were not much help, because they couldn’t answer specific questions that I had. Ms. Hull answered all my questions, and made the oncoming process a lot easier. (Thank you Ms. Hull for such an inspiring and thoughtful project!)

The first picture shown is a close up of my work. It's zoomed in to the right side of the back wall, where many examples of what we learned are shown. (Such as bringing the door out in space, creating the three-dimensional tables, creating the back wall, and spacing and counting the ceiling tiles.

The second picture shown is an unedited photo of the entire piece. The pencil lines were a little on the lighter side, so it was harder to capture a photo that has a clear view.

The third picture shown is an edited version of the whole view. I tried darkening the lines and changing the background color to try and make it pop. It makes it a little bit easier to see.
details!
details!
final
final
extreme final
extreme final