Final Project Q3

This quarter, we have done a few drawings. Each drawing introduced a new technique into our arsenal. For the most part, I like how most of my drawings turned out. I learned a lot in doing these drawings, such as using the human perception to your advantage. This skill is going to be very vital in any drawing because then, you can direct people's eyes to a specific point in your drawing to emphasize that point.
For the first drawing, we had to draw a bike. This was probably the most difficult for me and the outcome of it was okay, it wasn't great. It took me about 4 hours to draw it, however, I should have spent more time because it doesn't look like it was done in 4 hours, it looks like it was done in 1 hour. This drawing helped me sharpen my skill for precision and precision is very important in any work of art.
For the second drawing, we drew optical illusions. It took me about 2 hours. I particularly liked this project because it was fun drawing illusions and messing with my viewers eyes. I don't think I was successful at it, but regardless, it was still a learning experience. I'm sure if I keep on drawing illusions, I'll get better at it.
The third drawing, we practiced shading forms. This took me 2 hours to do. I already had experience in shading through being self-taught, but I still learned from this project. When I shade, I usually do it freehand, but I never learned how to plan my shading like the .pdf document on the assignment tells you to do. So, I added a new technique into my artist arsenal.
The fourth drawing, we drew eyes. I also really liked this project too. I spent 2 hours on this project. This was a lot of fun because I love drawing eyes, they are so unique and interesting to study. You could get lost in looking in people's eyes. I tried to recreate that to the best of my ability, and I think I did good. I could've added a lot more detail to the pupil of the eyes. Nevertheless, I really liked doing this project.
Our final project, was drawing a mandala. For this one, I decided to bend the rules a little bit. Instead of using geometric shapes, I used  cartoon pictures of me, honey buns, cinnamon sticks, peppermint candy, and a strange blue flower. I didn't want to follow the geometric shape rule, so I decided to be a little bit different and use these unlikely elements for a mandala. I learned a lot about symmetry in this project. I really liked my final product because compared to everyone else's, mine looked completely different. It gives me a sense of style. This was probably my favorite project of the quarter. I learned so much about drawing this quarter and I look forward to learning a lot more in the next quarter.