Final Stamp Design

Hello! My name is Asnain Khan and I did this project for my Art class. For this project, we had to brainstorm 10 words that represent us, pick three words and make them into a visual representation of us. Then, we sketched out our stamp and created a 7x7” rubber stamp in our sketchbooks the with correct negative and positive space. After that, we took our final rubber stamp design and cut it out of a single piece of construction paper. Which we then took the positive space of the rubber stamp design cut out and glued it into our sketchbooks.

When I was brainstorming, I used words such as, thoughtful, honest, hard worker, reliable, responsible, talented, successful, supportive, supportive, passionate, and open-minded. I chose the word honest. My stamp is a logo that represents honesty. This logo represents how honest I am. As you can see, this logo is in positive space. Positive space refers to the main focus of a picture. Negative space refers to the background of the picture. To end up with positive space, I cut out the negative space. Everything that is black is the positive space of my picture.

When I was sketching my design, I had a couple of problems. First, I didn’t know what to draw that represent honesty. Then, I thought about doing this. I had a problem figuring out how I can get positive space. But I figured out how after a while. This is how I got my logo.

I learned a lot about positive and negative space. I learned that positive and negative space play an important role in determining the overall composition in a work of art. I also learned that, positive space is best described as the areas in a work of art that are the subjects, or areas of interest and negative space is area around the subjects, or areas of interest. I enjoyed creating both positive and negative space.