Arsenic was obtained by heating soap together with orpiment by Albertus Magnus. Arsenic has three common allotropes, gray, yellow, and black arsenic. Yellow arsenic is the most unstable and the most poisonous. The element name arsenic comes from the ancient Persian word Zarnikh, which means "yellow orpiment". I put the word arsenic in grafitti to give it a good look. A can of spray paint is toxic and it contains certain chemicals that arsenic have. I also have a jar of arsenic laying down that is spilled as if it was just used. I made three different drawings. After I found the right one, I started to print. At first I had to draw over my drawing really hard. After that, I painted over my drawing with the right amount of paint. Once I finished, I took paper and put it on there like a stamp, when I removed it, it looked nice. I repeated this multiple times with different colors.I would do more rainbow colors if I was to do this assignment again. I enjoyed painting the drawing the most. It was fun.
My element is beryllium and the atomic number four. My element was discovered in 1798 by Nicolas Louis Vauquelin. Its uses include the make of computer parts, missiles, and aircrafts. I chose to draw a missile because I thought since beryllium is a key use to make a missile, I would draw one heading into beryllium. The process I went through was researching how to draw a missile, then I did a few test runs and sketches before making it look really good. If I did this project again, I would want to add more to my print, but more detailed and details. The most enjoyable part of the project would have had to be seeing the finished product.
My element is Palladium which is referred to as Pd on the periodic table and its atomic number is 46. My element was founded by William Hyde Wollaston in 1803 after melting platinum with acids and found little pieces of palladium. Uses for palladium today include catalytic converters for cars, jewelry, and dentistry tools. One fun fact is that palladium was used for cold fusion research. Well I made the 46th as it was so I had more room for the Pd as I made Pd look like it had pieces of palladium like when Wollaston first discovered palladium. First I drew the template into a 4 x 6” square. Then I drew the image on a small piece of paper that was see through. Then I flipped the traced picture onto a piece of foam then pressed the lines of the drawing so that those parts would be my negative space you could say. Then I took a roller with some paint on it and I tried my best to make 6 good prints. If their was anything I would do differently would be when making the prints I took some paint off the roller as some of my images I could barely see the lines. I would say trying to make the prints with the roller as it was enjoyable to try and was hard to get right.