Final Stamp Design

Stamp
Stamp
This is a stamp using negative and positive space. Where the negative is the white space and the positive is the pink because it's the "main attraction." It's an E, M, and a B. Representing my middle, first, and last name. The reason the "E" looks almost like arrows is because I love music. It reminds me of the play buttons on an mp3 player. The "M" is in the middle because I like being the center of attention. The middle is where you focus most on. The "B" is at the end because I was trying to make two arrows. It represented the fast forward button because I always think ahead of everyone. 
The assignment was basically asking us to show a stamp that represented us best. I started off with a drawing of an actual stamp with pretty designs, but I realized it'd be hard because of the positive and negative space. I would've had to cut out most of the stamp in order to have "empty" space, (a.k.a. negative space.) But then I figured sticking to something simple. I looked at a list of words that represented me and this came to mind.
It's important to show what's negative and what's positive so the audience can understand what's going on. Naturally, your eyes are drawn to the positive space, which is were the pink is. But, the white space is needed in order for that pink to pop, which is why that's the negative.
Overall, I learned how something as simple as negative and positive space can change the meaning of an overall photo. If I had used my other one your eyes would be drawn to many different things, causing confusion. Whereas, this is less complex, but says a lot.