Final Stamp Design

When I'm asked to draw something that symbolizes me I always think of the letter K. First of all, my name starts with a K. Usually people mix it up with a C but it's important for me to correct them. The K isn't just representing me but my brother as well. Kenneth is a very important person because we were born on the same day. Not month or year but the same day. That's why in my stamp I decided to include two K's. One of them is flipped just to create intersecting lines. 
My initial idea was to draw the number twenty-seven in roman numerals. I couldn't do that because it was just lines. Since there was only lines, there wasn't any positive/negative space. I tried to outline the numbers but it defeated my purpose. After looking at my paper for a long time I just started drawing. I wasn't thinking and the end result was a K. To add more I just drawed a flipped K. My process was nothing specific. Usually when I think too much it takes longer than needed. 
The hardest part about finding positive/negative space is making sure that the image you were trying to portray is the same.That's what happened to me with the roman numerals. Once I cut the dark lines(positive space) there was nothing to glue on. So I had to go back and change my image. Once I was able to figure what piece I wanted to be on the paper that is my positive space. In this case the two K's are my positive space. The space around it is negative because it's not the center of attention. 
FullSizeRender (3)
FullSizeRender (3)