Final Stamp Design

​My brainstorming took a lot of effort and thought. Some words I used were confident, pretty, smart, caring, kind, and thoughtful. I decided to use the word peace to symbolize who I am. I am all about peace instead of violence.  
There were several steps I took to complete my final product. First step I took was brainstorming my stamp. My second step were to create three different ideas to choose from. At first I was going to go with my original idea but then I learned never go with your first idea. Luckily I ended up with my third idea which was a peace symbol.
Understanding positive and negative space was easy and confusing for me. Finding the difference between positive and negative is challenging at first. While drawing my stamp I learned that the things inside my circle were negative and the positive space was white. The part that was challenging for me was to not draw a line drawing. 
The difference between negative and positive space is a very important. It helps the  artist focus on a main part of the object. It gives the audience a different perspective of the drawing itself. The darker space of your drawing would be the negative space. Anything that is not shaded is your positive space. You can also describe the color difference. For instance in my drawing the white is positive space. The negative space is colored in pink. Thats a way to discover the difference between negative and positive space. 

FullSizeRender (12)
FullSizeRender (12)