"Final Stamp Design"

​I chose to do a stamp cut out on my picture because it kind of represents me and my culture. Yin Yang means dark and bright. In the bad, there is a good in it, and in the good, there is bad in it. To me it means that everyone can change either for the good, or for the bad. Everyone is different and has things that they don't want to share out to people because they are afraid that they might be judged by others. The words that I thought of was different and surprise. 
At first I was supposed to do a different picture and cut it out, but it was too complicated for me and this one was nice and simple for me to do. The curves of the dripping part was hard for me to cut out because it was small for my razor and it would always move and get caught with each other. Since the Yin Yang is black and white, it was very easy for me to know the negative and positive side to cut out. One side of the Yin Yang is black, and the other side is white. Black would be the negative place for me and white is positive. The other two small circles in them would be white on the black side, and black on the white side. 
Negative space is the part that I cut out and the positive space is the empty part where you just leave it alone. It was easy and simple for me to do it and I would only get stuck when I was cutting the small little drops. Since the positive side had space and there it blended into the paper, I cut out green to bold the sides to show that it's there. Since I didn't have glue to paste on the green bold part, I had to use super glue because that was the only glue that I had (it's why there's small dots on the green line sorry guys). Negative and positive space is easy for me to learn because I've already learned how to do it when I was younger back in my old school.
artstampcutout