Final Stamp Design

Hi my name is Jayden Tull and this my stamp design. My stamp design is a dog. I made it a dog because the stamp is suppose to represent us and who we are. I picked a dog because dogs loving, playful, smart, strong, and loyal, all qualities I consider myself to have. Now I didn’t make this cut out for my amusement, it was an assignment. The assignment was to make a positive and negative space cut out of an image that represents you. What is positive and negative space you ask? Negative space is when you have a picture that has one main part shaded in or around the picture.and positive space is the fill out of the image. So when you look at my stamp the white is negative space giving it the shape and the brown is the actual image that you are seeing giving it dimension. Don’t worry if you don’t understand positive and negative space just yet, I was stuck for a second too. I could look at a picture and tell you which was which but making it for myself was a struggle. You had too see things that wasn’t even there because it wasn’t cut out yet so you have to draw and plan for that. I personally struggled with that but with help from friends and my teacher I was able to make my stamp. After doing this assignment I learned that we see positive and negative space everyday. One way we see it is shadows. All shadows are is positive and negative space. Thanks for viewing hope you enjoy.

20170512_205125
20170512_205125